Get to Know Jen Sovada, President of the Public Sector at SandboxAQ
Photo of Jen Sovada from LinkedIn
Jen Sovada is the current President of the Public Sector at SandboxAQ. Sovada draws from her past roles and experiences applying artificial intelligence (AI) and quantum technology to work out government issues that classical computing methods can’t solve.
Learn more about Jen Sovada and her road to becoming SandboxAQ’s President of the Public Sector here!
Who is Jen Sovada?
Jen Sovada assumed the position of President of the Public Sector at SandboxAQ on January 2022. Her current role entails taking charge of SandboxAQ’s quantum and AI methods to provide precise and more secure solutions to problems across various portfolios.
Sovada’s competence in defense innovation, operational tests, and systems interoperability is partially due to her educational background. Here is a rundown of Jen Sovada’s schooling and training experiences:
- Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Sciences (Human Factors Engineering at the United States Air Force Academy, from 1990 to 1994
- Master of Arts in Pedagogy Major in Physical Education at the University of Colorado, from 1994 to 1995
- Master of Science in Strategic Intelligence at the National Intelligence University, from 1998 to 1999
- Master of Arts in National Security and Strategic Studies at the US Naval War College, from 2007 to 2008
- Master of Arts in Strategic Studies at The United States Army War College, from 2012 to 2013
- Certificate in Specialization in Design Thinking and Innovation at the University of Virginia – Darden School of Business, in 2017
- Stanford Ignite Executive Certificate Program in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the Stanford University Graduate School of Business in 2017
Leadership Roles Background
Jen Sovada has participated in other leadership and mentorship roles focusing on defense, strategic planning, mission operations, and other services catering to private and government sectors.
As a retired Air Force Officer with 20 years of professional experience, Sovada has extensive knowledge of using higher-end technological capabilities for defense solutions and services. Here is a rundown of her work background at the United States Air Force:
- Collection Manager at the Joint Analysis Center from June 1996 to July 1998
- Test Manager at the Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center from September 1999 to December 2002
- Chief of Commander’s Action Group at the Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center from December 2002 to June 2003
- Intelligence Systems Flight Commander at the 607th Air Intelligence Station at Osan Air Base, South Korea, from June 2003 to July 2004
- Branch Chief of Force Modernization Air Combat Command Directorate for Intelligence, from July 2004 to May 2006
- Director of Operations at the Air Combat Command Intelligence Squadron from May 2006 to May 2007
- Commander at the 22nd Intelligence Squadron from June 2010 to May 2012
- Chief of Staff of the Air Force Fellow in the US Army Strategic Studies Group from 2013 to 2014
- Deputy Director for Defense Support Office, from 2014 to 2015
- Commander at the Air Force Technical Applications Center from 2015 to 2016
- Head of Talent Management for Air Force ISR, from 2018 to 2019
Jen Sovada has also accumulated professional experience outside of the Air Force domain. Some of her previous leadership roles at other companies are:
- Interoperability Team Chief at the Directorate of Intelligence from June 2008 to June 2010
- Chief Futures Officer and Senior Vice President of the Defense Market for the Intelligence Community at MissionTech Solutions from December 2019 to November 2020
- Senior Vice President at MissionTech Solutions, from September 2020 to August 2021
- Head of Federal Teams at the AI Unit of X, the Moonshot Company, from September 2021 to December 2021
- Head of Federal Teams at Alphabet Inc., from September 2021 to December 2021
- Director of Senior Leader Engagement at Defense Entrepreneurs Forum from January 2017 to January 2018
- Director of External Engagement at Defense Entrepreneurs Forum from January 2018 to October 2019
Sovada also assumes responsibility for other leadership positions in other organizations. She has served in many executive positions in the Defense Entrepreneurs Forum for over six years. Sovada also founded Boadicea Solutions LLC in 2020.
Logo from SandboxAQ Official Website
SandboxAQ is an enterprise SaaS company that incorporates AI and quantum technology solutions to solve challenging problems impacting society. SandboxAQ also uses quantum technologies to keep critical information and research intelligence safe and secure.
SandboxAQ’s keys to solving such dilemmas include using post-RSA cybersecurity modules that move businesses to higher security levels and enabling cross-pollination within fields such as physics, computer science, mathematics, natural science, and cryptography.
Where is SandboxAQ headquarters?
SandboxAQ was founded in 2021 in Silicon Valley and is headquartered in Palo Alto, California.
Who are the executives of SandboxAQ?
Besides Jen Sovada, the other executives responsible for ensuring SandboxAQ’s operations and AI + quantum technologies are well-oiled machines are Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Jack Hidary and Chairman of the Board of Directors Eric Schmidt.
What services does SandboxAQ offer?
SandboxAQ develops different commercial products for financial services, healthcare, telecommunications, the public sector, and industries that use computational-intensive methods. Here is a rundown of the prime products and services SandboxAQ offers:
- Security Suite – An end-to-end crypto-agile security suite that provides customers complete visibility in their cryptographic security posture, cryptographic policy management, and the application of quantum-resistant protocols that protect crucial and sensitive data.
- Quantum Sensing – This utilizes the built-in instability of quantum states to find minute changes that are usually undetectable in the physical world and electric, motion, and magnetic fields.
- Quantum Simulation & Optimization (S&O) – SandboxAQ merges quantum capabilities and AI-based computational methods to make precise decisions and predictions to guide businesses, such as financial modeling, drug discovery, materials development, national security, and supply chain logistics.