John Cushing, Commanding General of US Army Combat Capabilities Development Command [DEVCOM]
Modern military operations rely on technological capabilities to enhance performance, reduce casualties, and achieve goals. Every year, the United States Department of Defense spends billions to develop present technological solutions to become suitable and invincible forces in the future.
With the changing times and adversaries learning to foil strategies and countermeasures, defense agencies and military divisions continue to refine armaments and solutions. Doing so helps the US Armed Forces stay miles ahead of enemies and their threats.
That said, the Potomac Officers Club gathers esteemed defense leaders, such as Brigadier General (BG) John Cushing, at the 10th Annual Defense R&D Summit.
You can register here to learn more about the latest developments in the US military’s technological capabilities.
An Introduction to John Cushing
Brigadier General John Cushing is a distinguished military leader with 20 years of active experience at the US Department of the Army. He currently holds the position of Commanding General at the Development Command of the US Army Combat Capabilities.
In this role, BG Cushing oversees the command’s mission of delivering capabilities that bolster and unburden warfighter capacity. These capabilities include engineering, research and development, and human resources.
John Cushing: Professional and Leadership Background
Before becoming the Commanding General of the US Army Combat Capabilities DEVCOM, BG John Cushing assumed various leadership roles at different divisions within the US Army.
Outlined below are his previous positions:
- Deputy Commanding General of Operations at the U.S. Army Recruiting Command (USAREC), from June 2021 to August 2023
- Deputy Commanding General of Support at the 3rd Infantry DIV, from August 2020 to June 2021
- Brigade Commander at the US Army 1st Recruiting Brigade, from May 2019 to July 2020
- Chief of Staff at the 1st Armored Division, from February 2018 to May 2019
- Deputy Commanding Officer for Sustainment, from July 2017 to February 2018
- 194th AR BDE Commander, from June 2015 to June 2017
- G3 at the 1st Cavalry Division, from June 2014 to June 2015
- Armor Branch Chief at the US ARMY Human Resource Command: USAPDA, from April 2012 to July 2013
- Squadron Commander at the 1st Cavalry Division, from August 2009 to December 2011
- Brigade Executive Officer at the 3rd Infantry DIV from June 2008 to July 2009
- Associate Professor at the United States Military Academy, West Point, from June 2003 to June 2005
What’s Next for BG John Cushing?
Brigadier Gen. John Cushing’s extensive experience at the US Department of the Army made him a seasoned leader in the warfare domain. With that, he is one of the speakers gathering at the upcoming 10th Annual Defense R&D Summit by the Potomac Officers Club (POC).
POC’s 10th Annual Defense R&D Summit assembles the nation’s most esteemed leaders and experts in military technology and decision-making. Click here to become a POC member and get exclusive access to the summit and other events about defense, space, intel, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, and homeland security.
You might be interested in: Attrition and How it Affects Military Retention Rates
Tags: 10th Annual Defense R&D Summit artificial intelligence Brigadier General John Cushing cybersedurity Department of Defense Homeland Security John Cushing Potomac Officers Club US Army Combat Capabilities DEVCOM