Photo of William McHenry/ LinkedIn
William McHenry, Senior Advisor to the Director at DIU, Joins the 10th Annual Defense R&D Summit
William McHenry, Senior Advisor to the Director at the Defense Innovation Unit, joins the Potomac Officers Club’s 10th Annual Defense R&D Summit. With more than two decades of expertise, Mr. McHenry will be a panelist with a strong background in government operations.
Meet William McHenry
As the Senior Advisor to the Director of DIU, William McHenry develops and implements strategic solutions within the organization. He focuses on enhancing the Intelligence Community, the Fourth Estate, and the Commercial Sector operations.
Mr. McHenry joined DIU in 2019 as the Director for Government Engagement. He was in charge of senior military officers and commercial technology experts working with collaborators across the U.S. government. William McHenry’s core competencies include business development, strategic partnerships, project management, and other government leadership skills.
William McHenry graduated with a B.S. in Political Science at The Citadel and finished his M.S. in Global Leadership and Economics at the University of San Diego. He also attended USAF War College and Marine Corps University.
William McHenry is also a retired USMC Colonel. He spent most of his time supporting government operations and leading the Intelligence Community. In 2022, he founded Perceptive Solutions LLC, a strategic advisory firm focusing on government technology interfaces.
Here’s Mr. McHenry’s career timeline:
- 2002 – 2004: Assistant Operations Officer at U.S. Marine Corps
- 2004 – 2005: Officer in Charge of the Aviation Branch at the U.S. Marine Corps
- 2005 – 2009: Operation Support Specialist at the U.S. Department of the Army
- 2009 – 2015: Foreign Service Officer at the U.S. Department of State
- 2013 – 2016: Operational Director and Head of Training at Defense Intelligence Agency
- 2016 – 2019: Intelligence Community
- 2019 – 2022: Director for Government Engagement at DIU
- 2022 – Present: Founder and CEO at Perceptive Solutions, LLC
- 2022 – Present: Senior Advisor to the Director of DIU
William McHenry: Panelist at the 10th Annual Defense R&D Summit
- Event Organizer: Potomac Officers Club
- Date: January 31, 2024, Wednesday
- Time: 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (ET)
- Venue: Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
In 2024, William McHenry will participate as a panelist in the 10th Annual Defense R&D Summit. He will share their valuable insights and knowledge about the latest government contracting, defense, and military technological developments.
The 10th Annual Defense R&D Summit aims to discuss the evolving landscape of technology in the Defense Department. POC invites prominent industry leaders, researchers, experts, and decision-makers to give updates about the latest technological trends from which the U.S. military can benefit.
Here’s the complete list of executives and industry leaders joining as panelists:
- William McHenry, Senior Advisor to the Director at DIU
- Dr. Patrick Baker, Director, DEVCOM Army Research Lab at U.S. Army
- Capt. Jesse Black, Commanding Officer at U.S. NRL
- Donald Kelley, Marine Corps Systems Command Liaison at Marine Corps Warfighting Lab
- Michael Loomis, General Manager at Nokia
- Dr. Randy Yamada, Vice President at Booz Allen
- Brig. Gen. Scott Cain, Commander at AFRL
- Scotty Nix, Chief Data Officer at MDA
- Dr. Richard Vaia, Chief Scientist for the Materials and Manufacturing Directorate at AFRL
- Lt. Col. Benjamin Pimentel, Marine Corps Lead at USMC
- William Bailey, Director and Program Executive Officer at DAF/RCO
- Juan Ramirez, Director, 5G Cross-Functional Team at DoD
- Stan Drozdetski, Extranet Integration Lead at Mitre
- Maynard Holliday, Deputy Chief Technology Officer for Critical Technologies at DoD
- Dr. Martin Weiss, Director for FutureG Applied Research at OUSD R&E
- CSM Jesse Potter, Brigade Command Sergeant Major at 780th Military Intelligence Brigade
- Col. Dave Chaboya, Senior Material Leader at U.S. Department of the Air Force
- Michael Sieber, Defense Market Cybersecurity at Maximus
- Dr. Monique Beaudoin, Associate Research Scientist at the University of Maryland ARLIS
- Dr. Eric Moore, Deputy to the Commanding General at Army Futures Command
- Timothy Lawrence, J6 Chief Operating Officer at Joint Special Operations Command
- Melissa Johnson, Acquisition Executive at USSOCOM
The Defense Innovation Unit (DIU) is an agency within the DoD dedicated to accelerating the adoption of commercial and dual-use technology to solve operational difficulties rapidly. DIU’s commercial solutions opening process is a competitive way for the DoD to get fresh perspectives on solutions to meet agency goals.
Tags: 10th Annual Defense R&D Summit DIU DoD William McHenry